History Road: The Ultimate Car Show -
June 11 and 12, 2016
For a registration form, click here (PDF | 467 KB)
Attention Registrants – What you need to know! (PDF | 385 KB)
From small and enthusiastic beginnings in 1999, History Road: The Ultimate Car Show has grown to be the “must attend” event of the summer!
You won’t want to miss this chance to connect with old friends and make new ones!
This year, History Road will be better than ever.
- A spectacular display of more than 700 cars, trucks and motorcycles spanning more than a century of automotive history.
- more than 30 rare vehicles from Reynolds-Alberta Museum's collection, that are not often on public display
- 1975 Bricklin
- 1955 Ford Thunderbird
- 1927 REO Flying Cloud Sedan
- 1911 Brush sedan
- And many more!
- cars from enthusiasts from across Alberta and western Canada display their own vehicles
- Daily auto “Parade through the Decades” with live commentary
The Reynolds-Alberta Museum would like to thank the following sponsors for their involvement with this special event: the City of Wetaskiwin and Canada’s Aviation Hall of Fame.
When you visit
- The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Come early to avoid lineups
- The outside drive-through admissions booth will be open. This booth has two admission windows.
- Parking is free
- RV and motorcycle parking is available
- Handicapped parking is limited
- History Road will take place rain or shine
- Please note: special event pricing is in effect. There is no ATM on site.
What's happening inside the museum?
- Feature exhibition Stan Reynolds: The Original Canadian Picker
- White Glove Tours
- Craft Station for kids
- Farm House Play Zone
- Are you a Canadian Picker? (Family activity sheet)
- Cartoon shorts from 1935 to 1956 in the drive-in theatre
- Museum store and Cruisers Café are open
What's happening on the museum grounds?
- More than 700 cars, trucks and motorcycles on display and cruisin'
- Decade parade around the test track
- Friends of the Reynolds-Alberta Museum Society 50/50 draw
- Open Cockpit Bi-plane Adventures
- Food trucks
How will I get around
- Tractor-pulled people movers for transportation on site
- Limited number of scooters, wheelchairs and wagons available at the Museum Store - first come, first served
Can I bring my pets?
- Pets are allowed on the grounds as long as they are on a leash
- No pets are allowed in either of the museum buildings
Last reviewed/revised: February 1, 2016