History Road: The Ultimate Car Show -
June 11 and 12, 2016
History Road Pre-registered and Late Registrations (PDF | 44 KB)
Gleaming paint, the curve of chrome and head-turning good looks will be on display June 11 and 12, 2016 at History Road: The Ultimate Car Show weekend.
History Road is a spectacular display of more than 650 cars, trucks and motorcycles spanning more than a century
of automotive history. The lineup features rare vehicles from Reynolds-Alberta Museum's collection and those of enthusiasts
from across Alberta and western Canada. From open-bodied roadsters to 1960's muscle cars; from tiller handle steering to
electronic fuel injection and everything in between.
In addition to the display, the museum’s 1951 Ford Custom Country Squire, 1951 Studebaker Champion Deluxe 2 Door Sedan, 1953 Ford Crestline Sunliner Convertible, and 1928 Ford Model A Pickup and more, will be fired up and driven in the “Parade Through the Century” starting at noon each day.
AMA Insurance will be on site, so visit their booth to learn how they help protect the things you care about most. AMA is proud to announce that they have recently partnered with Hagerty Classic Car Insurance, to offer vintage vehicle insurance to Albertans. AMA Insurance is part of Alberta’s history, providing affordable insurance for over 50 years.
At the end of the day Saturday, show participants and museum visitors can enjoy a barbecue in the museum's Cruisers Café.
The Reynolds-Alberta Museum would like to thank the following sponsors for their involvement with this special event: the City of Wetaskiwin and AMA Insurance.
When you visit
- The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Come early to avoid lineups
- The outside drive-through admissions booth will be open. This booth has two admission windows. To keep the lines of traffic moving, one side will accept cash and site passes only; the other will accept credit and debit.
- Parking is free
- RV and motorcycle parking is available
- Handicapped parking is limited
- History Road will take place rain or shine - check the forecast before you head out!
- Please note: special event pricing is in effect. There is no ATM on site.
What's happening inside the museum?
- Stan Reynolds: The Original Canadian Picker exhibition
- White Glove Tours
- Craft Station for kids
- Farm House Play Zone
- Are you a Canadian Picker? Family activity sheet
- Cartoon shorts from 1935 to 1956 at the drive-in theatre
- Museum store and Cruisers Café are open
What's happening on the museum grounds?
- More than 650 cars, trucks and motorcycles on display and cruisin'
- Decade parade around the test track
- Saturday night chicken dinner barbeque. Pre-purchase of tickets is advised.
- Friends of the Reynolds-Alberta Museum Society 50/50 draw
- Open Cockpit Bi-plane Adventures
- Food vendors
How will I get around
- Tractor-pulled people movers for transportation on site
- No vintage vehicle tours this weekend
- Limited number of scooters, wheelchairs and wagons - first come, first served
Can I bring my pets?
- Pets are allowed on the grounds as long as they are on a leash
- No pets are allowed in either of the museum buildings
Last reviewed/revised: October 13, 2015