Turner Valley Gas Plant Provincial Historic Site

Office and Lab Rehabilitation

The Office and Lab Building at the Turner Valley Gas Plant was built in the 1954 to 1956 period and served as the operational centre in the Turner Valley oilfield.

The laboratory function was added in about 1965, operating until the plant closed in 1985. This building provided offices for the employees of the gas plant, as well as a laboratory to conduct tests to help ensure efficient operation of the facility.

The office and lab building is currently under construction. It is being rehabilitated to serve as offices for staff at the historic site.

Last reviewed/revised: March 18, 2016